Managed by Jim Powers, the Metallurgical Laboratory performs specialized testing on metal products for ongoing construction projects as well as welder and procedure qualifications, corrosion studies, failure investigations, micro and macro testing of metals, weldments and other material analysis.
- Welder & Welding Procedure Qualifications
- Testing of Structural Steel, Reinforcing Steel, Prestressing Steel, High Strength Bolts and Anchor Bolts
- Polymer Matrix & Steel Composite Specimens (Fiberwrap)
- Hardness & Microhardness Testing
- Reinforcing Steel Mechanical Coupler Testing
- Calibration of Hydraulic Ram Systems & Torque Wrenches
- Tempscrew Analysis